Pre-populated registration forms will be mailed to families currently in our programs that have not yet registered. Please verify, change as needed and return to the parish office by June 1, 2019. Note that if you are adding a child, your amount owed will increase. If you are new to our program, please see below and use the link to download your form.
All registrations must be completed by June 1, 2019 to avoid a late fee and to reserve a spot in the programs.
For more information or questions about Sunday PREP, please contact the Coordinator of Religious Education at firstname.lastname@example.org / 610-850-4228. For more information or questions about CGS, please contact the CGS Formation Leader at email@example.com / 484-431-5156.
Catholic School families registering for Sacramental Preparation should complete the Sacrament Only form.
1. If you are registering a new child in our programs, you must supply documentation of your child’s baptism and sacraments received as well as any previous Catechetical training records. This information will be used to place your child in their appropriate level.
2. This year, faith education will be offered in two distinct methodologies; classroom based held on alternating Sunday mornings and Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) atrium based held weekly.
a. Children ages 3—5 (pre-K and Kindergarten) are encouraged to enroll in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level I offered:
Tuesdays 9:00–11:00 am
Wednesdays 3:00–5:00 pm
Sundays 8:45–10:35 am
b. Children in grades 1 and 2 may enroll in either
i. Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) Level II, weekly on Tuesdays 4:30–6:20 pm or
ii. Pflaum based classes (Level 1 or 2) on alternating Sundays, 8:45—10:35 am
c. Children in grades 3 through 6
i. who have completed all prior levels are offered the Pflaum based classes on alternating
Sundays, 8:45—10:35 am
ii. who are first starting their faith formation may enroll in RCIC which is tailored to the
child’s specific needs
3. Sacramental preparation and Sacraments are available for all St. Joseph Parish children.
a. If registering a child for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist, generally grade two, a child of Saint Joseph Parish must have completed level one and have the appropriate catechetical background and understanding of the sacrament. This program will require child participation in a 4 hour Saturday morning retreat and Sunday afternoon practices for both sacraments in addition to the Saturday Sacrament itself.
b. To be eligible for the Sacrament of Confirmation, children of Saint Joseph parish should be at least in grade seven and have the appropriate catechetical background and understanding of the sacrament. This program will require 2 student/parent meetings, a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer time, a 6 hour Saturday retreat, an evening reconciliation, a Sunday afternoon practice for the sacrament in addition to the sacrament itself. Non-Catholic School children are also required to attend classes every other Sunday 8:45—10:35 am. Additional forms will be handed out at the first parent meeting.
4. Tuition rates are as follows:
a. Pre-K and K is $50 per child
b. Grades 1—6, one child/$130, two children/$220, three or more children/$300
c. First Eucharist $30
d. Confirmation $100
e. Late fee for registrations received after June 2 $25
5. If you make the commitment to volunteer as a Catechist, or Aide, your family’s total base tuition (not including sacramental fees) will be reduced by 75%.
6. Payment options accepted for all fees are by cash, check (make payable to St. Joseph PREP), bank or charge card. If you require a payment plan, you will need to make a $25 deposit to hold a spot for your child. Scholarships are also available, please contact the parish office for information. 610-948-7760
7. We are asking that parents volunteer to help on a rotating basis somewhere in our parish programs. Please select an option on your family registration form.